Friday, August 7, 2009

Martial Arts and My Life - 1st Blog


Welcome to my blog.

This is my first attempt at blogging so let's see how it goes.
My plan is to discuss all things related to the martial arts: traditional martial arts, self defense, weapons, MMA, UFC, etc.

I will also talk about fitness. I'm not a young man anymore, but I still work very hard to stay in shape. My workouts are built around the martial arts but I have a variety of things that I do. Of course, my favorite is my kickboxing workout with Otis. The picture at the top is me and Otis. He's the best training partner I ever had. Always shows up. Never complains. Doesn't hit back. Perfect.

Here is a link to a clip of my kickboxing workout on YouTube (excuse the clutter, my workout room is also the basement storage room):


I've practiced martial arts my entire adult life. I owned and operated a martial arts school for close to 25 years. I had to give it up finally for a real job that actually made money, but I have always loved the fighting arts passionately and will train for the rest of my life.

Enough about martial arts for now, I'll get back to it later (but I'll always get back to it!)

So, the title of my blog is Martial Arts & Fitness & Life & Stuff. I will obiously talk about martial arts and fitness, but I have some things to say about life in general, and there will be other stuff that I will throw in now and then just 'cause I feel like it.

That's it for now. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment