Saturday, February 4, 2012

UFC 143 Tonight


Just a quick thought on the upcoming fights:

He Ain't No Bruce Lee
It looks like a great card. I'm pretty excited about some of the matches--and the return of Bruce Leroy on the prelims!

Kidding. I was never very impressed with Bruce Leroy and thought it was was a desecration of the famed yellow and black track suit when he wore it on The Ultimate Fighter. If you  are going to pattern yourself after one of the greatest legends of martial arts, you damn well better back it up! Bruce Leroy (Alex Caceres) hasn't.

Roy Nelson vs. Fabricio Werdum
Will he be a new improved Ro,y even slimmer, with more endurance than his last fight? Or just a guy who can take a lot of punishment and hang in there? Really, I think this is a make or break fight for Roy. If he wants to stay relevant in the heavyweight division, he needs to make a statement here against Werdum, who is a pretty terrific fighter. Don't get me wrong, I like Roy, he's a real character, tough as nails and a pretty good fighter in his own right, butI think for him to be a real contender he needs to lose the belly and show some real conditioning.

Josh Koschek vs. Mike Pierce
Don't know much about Mike Pierce but, hey, he's fighting Josh Koschek, so kick some ass Mike Pierce!

Renan Barao vs. Scott Jorgensen
This could be an awesome fight! Barao is a very talented young fighter and Jorgensen is just relentless. Potential fight of the night.

Nick Diaz vs. Carlos Condit
This really could be fight of the night, maybe fight of the year. I can't stand Diaz, to me he's just a disrespectful thug who can barely string an entire sentence together. Maybe a role model for gang-bangers but not for a potential martial artist. However, he is a great fighter, and, while I have no respect for him as a human being, I do respect his fighting ability.

I've always liked Condit and now that he's a family man, I like his backstory also. He's a man, not a punk.

I expect a great fight, and, if there is any justice, the good guy will win. Condit all the way!

Those are the fights I'm most interested in. Should be a pretty good night. I'm all atwitter. (I just wanted to say "atwitter")

No comments:

Post a Comment